25 Quotes On Risk Taking
Category : Life Tips
Life is risky. Let’s just put that on the table. There is nothing safe about it and none of us are getting out of life alive. Every day, from the minute we step out of bed, and sometimes before, we are taking a risk. Maybe we will sprain an ankle or fall on the floor – not wishing this on anyone, just saying. We never know what each day will bring. We can try to play it safe and not take any risks but in the end, we will always encounter risk. Ralph Waldo Emerson said, “All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.”
We like safety, but, at the same time, we don’t like being safe for too long. Risk can be adventurous, pump our adrenalin and put us into first gear. It can be thrilling and exhilarating, especially if we have chosen it and prepared well. Safety is okay for a while, but it can get boring and we long for new challenges, something that will take us out of our comfort zone or apathy. Sometimes we just have to step out of the boat. Here are some quotes to inspire you to leave the comfort zone.
(1) A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.” – William G.T. Shedd
(2) If you are not willing to risk the unusual, you will have to settle for the ordinary. – Jim Rohn
(3) Life is inherently risky. There is only one big risk you should avoid at all costs, and that is the risk of doing nothing. – Denis Waitley
(4) It is only by risking our persons from one hour to another that we live at all. – William James
(5) People who don’t take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. People who do take risks generally make about two big mistakes a year. – Peter F. Drucker
(6) Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing. – Helen Keller
(7) Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
(8) Play the game for more than you can afford to lose… only then will you learn the game. – Winston Churchill
(9) Why not go out on a limb? Isn’t that where the fruit is? – Frank Scully
(10) I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” – Pablo Picasso
(11) Don’t be afraid to take a big step. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.”– David Lloyd George
(12) Do one thing every day that scares you. — Eleanor Roosevelt
(13) Do not fear mistakes. There are none. — Miles Davis
(14) Remember, a dead fish can float down a stream, but it takes a live one to swim upstream. – W.C. Fields
(15) The way to develop self-confidence is to do the thing you fear and get a record of successful experiences behind you. Destiny is not a matter of chance, it is a matter of choice; it is not a thing to be waited for, it is a thing to be achieved.– William Jennings Bryan
(16) I can accept failure. Everybody fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying. Fear is an illusion.— Michael Jordan
(17) It’s not because things are difficult that we dare not venture. It’s because we dare not venture that they are difficult. – Seneca
(18) Life is being on the wire, everything else is just waiting. – Karl Wallenda
(19) Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do. – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
(20) Nothing will ever be attempted if all possible objections must be first overcome.— Samuel Johnson
(21) Never let the odds keep you from doing what you know in your heart you were meant to do.” — H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
(22) Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all.”
(23) It is no secret that the greatest treasures are found in the most remote, inaccessible and difficult places where we must pursue them with great energy and even greater risk. It’s the same with our lives.”
(24) Those who achieve the extraordinary are usually the most ordinary because they have nothing to prove to anybody. Be Humble.”
(25) If we never take any risks, we’ll never fully experience what life offers to us in its entirety. ―
Have you enjoyed this post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share