25 Quotes About Communication
Category : Life Tips
Good Communication is as stimulating as black coffee and just as hard to sleep after – Anne Morrow Lindbergh
Who doesn’t enjoy a good hearty conversation with family and friends? These can be enjoyable and memorable times to sustain us and build us up. Heart to heart conversations with friends and family are the glue in our life. But not all conversations, discussions or “talks” are memorable in the positive sense.
Sometimes we need to have ‘crucial conversations’ with people around us, both personal and professional. Sometimes things need to be discussed and wrinkles need to be ironed out in order to move on. Depending on the relationship and the intensity or importance of the subject, without effective communication skills, these kinds of “intense fellowships” can get heated fairly quickly.
The essentials of effective communication are really quite simple, but, in their simplicity, they may seem difficult. They require such steps as slowing down, listening, being present and being attentive. In essence, they require a different mindset and way of viewing other people.
I hope that you find the following 25 quotes both inspiring and challenging (in a good way).
(1) “Constantly talking isn’t necessarily communicating.” ― Charlie Kaufman
(2) “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” – Tony Robbins
(3) “Effective communication is 20% what you know and 80% how you feel about what you know.” –Jim Rohn
(4) “If you have nothing to say, say nothing.” – Mark Twain
(5) “When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.” – Stephen R. Covey
(6) “The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.” ―
(7) “We are stronger when we listen, and smarter when we share.”
(8) “Nothing said in words ever came out quite even. Things in words got twisted and ran together, instead of staying straight and fitting together.”
(9) “It takes one to tell, and two to misunderstand.”
(10) “We all struggle with our failure to communicate and our failure to reach beyond fear to love people.” ―
(18) “Take advantage of every opportunity to practice your communication skills so that when important occasions arise, you will have the gift, the style, the sharpness, the clarity, and the emotions to affect other people.” Jim Rohn
(19) “The less people know, the more they yell.” – Seth Godin
(20) “The two words ‘information’ and ‘communication’ are often used interchangeably, but they signify quite different things. Information is giving out; communication is getting through.” –Sydney J. Harris
(21) “If you’re both in the same mindset and you want to be together and you want to make it work, you can make it work. It just takes dedication and knowing that there might be some miscommunication and lack of communication sometimes”. – Chloe Grace Moretz
(22) “I remind myself every morning: Nothing I say this day will teach me anything. So if I’m going to learn, I must do it by listening”. – Larry King
(23) “You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life” ~ Zig Ziglar
(24) “Developing excellent communication skills is absolutely essential to effective leadership. The leader must be able to share knowledge and ideas to transmit a sense of urgency and enthusiasm to others. If a leader can’t get a message across clearly and motivate others to act on it, then having a message doesn’t even matter.”— Gilbert Amelio
President and CEO of National Semiconductor Corp
(25) “In the last analysis, what we are communicates far more eloquently than anything we say or do”.. – Stephen Covey
Have you enjoyed this post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share
Diana Lynne’s passions are family, travel, self-improvement, pursuing a debt-free/financially free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and being with her dog Skye. Diana is a Quebec City girl. who loves living life. You can connect with her through Livingandstuff.ca