Category : Uncategorized
Wasting time is the bane of our existence. we all know we shouldn’t do it, but we all waste time anyway. In our efforts to save time (and money) we end up losing both. Technology is intended (we think) to save us time so that we can spend more time on what we consider important. But technology also gets out of hand and we find ourselves spending more time (and money) taking care of it and repairing it.
People can also eat away at our time. Please don’t misunderstand, relationships are very important, but it is the messiness of relationships, whether professional, social or familial, that causes us to waste our time. We spend a lot of time trying to be right and making sure that others know that they are wrong. Other times we waste time trying to make people like us or spend time with us when they are not interested.
We also waste a lot of time thinking about what we would like to do or should do, rather than actually taking action. We come up with reasons and excuses in our mind and spend more time in our mind battling back and forth between the “should I or shouldn’t I” Many times we lose opportunities simply because we spent more time in this mental debate than on making a decision.
We are experts at wasting time; it is second nature to us. It is so natural that most of the time we don’t even know we are doing it. Here are 25 quotes for reflection on the subject of wasting time.
(1) Stop wasting your time following someone else’s idea of the ideal life – Zero Dean
(2) When you spend time worrying, you’re simply using your imagination to create things you don’t want. –
Shannon L. Alder
(3) The biggest mistake you can make in life is to waste your time. – Jerry Bruckner
(4) Your time is way too valuable to be wasting on people that can’t accept who you are. – Turcois Ominek
(5) Many people make the mistake of saving money by wasting time. – J.R. Rim
(6) There’s no good way to waste your time. Wasting time is just wasting time. – Helen Mirren
(7) No matter how much time you’ve wasted in the past, you still have an entire today. – Denis Waitley
(8) If it weren’t for the last minute, nothing would get done – Rita Mae Brown
(9) Anyone can do any amount of work, provided it isn’t the work he is supposed to be doing at that moment. – Robert Benchley
(10) You will never ‘find’ time for anything. If you want time, you must make it.– Charles Buxton
(11) Tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. – Spanish Proverb
(14) The trouble is that you think you have time. – Jack Kornfield
(15) Wasting time with the wrong person is just time wasted. – Greg Behrendt
(16) For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.– Ralph Waldo Emerson
(17) The best way to fill time is to waste it. – Marguerite Duras
(18) Be picky with who you invest your time in, wasted time is worse than wasted money. – Unknown
(19) A year from now you will wish you had started today– Karen Lamb
(20) Stop wanting someone who doesn’t want you. You’re just wasting your time. –Unknown
(21) If you spend too much time thinking about a thing, you’ll never get it done. – Bruce Lee
(22) Do not waste time trying to convince people who have their mind made up.”– Unknown
(23) You may delay, but time will not.– Benjamin Franklin
(24) The less one has to do, the less time one finds to do it in.– Lord Chesterfield
( 25) Regret for wasted time is more wasted time.” – Mason Cooley
Did you enjoy this post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share
Diane Lynne enjoys traveling, learning, and pursuing a debt-free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and being with her dog Skye. Diana is a Quebec City girl. who loves living life. You can connect with her at livingandstuff.ca