Category : Uncategorized
What is joy? Joy is a state that is independent of feelings and emotions. It can not be classified in the same category as happiness because it is a state of knowing and understanding that all is well. Joy is independent of circumstances whether good or bad because it is a strength given by God. It is a strength that allows us to withstand the winds of calamity, of poverty, injustice, and anything that comes our way to bring us down.
Joy is profound. It is not a surface feeling and it is not temporary like happiness or sadness. It is an undercurrent, a foundation of strength that gives us the power to carry on in the midst of pain and the power to encourage others who are going through tough times. In fact, the Bible says:
The joy of the Lord is my strength
Here are some quotes on the subject of joy to inspire and strengthen you:
(1) The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life, and have it to the fullest.
(2) For God gave us a spirit not of fear but of power and love and self-control
(3) .And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
(4) Even though I walk through the darkest valley, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
(5) May you be strengthened with all power, according to his glorious might, for all endurance and patience with joy, giving thanks to the Father, who has qualified you to share in the inheritance of the saints in light.
(6) Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone.
(7) Arise, shine, for your light has come, and the glory of the Lord has risen.
(8) Be glad in the Lord, and rejoice, O righteous, and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!
(9) The meek shall obtain fresh joy in the Lord, and the poor among mankind shall exult in the Holy One of Israel.
(10) Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart
(11) .I am acting with great boldness toward you; I have great pride in you; I am filled with joy.
(12) For to the one who pleases him God has given wisdom and knowledge and joy.
(13) May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit
(14) .For his anger lasts only a moment, but his favor lasts a lifetime; weeping may stay for the night, but rejoicing comes in the morning
(15) For the kingdom of God is not a matter of eating and drinking but of righteousness, peace, and joy in the Holy Spirit,
(16) So with you: Now is your time of grief, but I will see you again and you will rejoice, and no one will take away your joy.
(17) I tell you that in the same way there will be more rejoicing in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine righteous persons who do not need to repent.
(18) Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the end result of your faith, the salvation of your souls.
Click and share
Diana Lynne’s passions are family, traveling, learning, and pursuing a debt-free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and being with her dog Skye. Diana is a Quebec City girl. who loves living life. You can connect with her through Livingandstuff.ca