Category : Uncategorized
You may be just a book away from a new life. Your goals and dreams may be hiding in books you have yet to read. So, what is holding you back? Is it fear? Is it your past school experiences? Is it what people have told you? Have you believed that you were a poor reader or that reading is boring? This message is about highlighting how books can transform and even change the course of one’s life. It is for all of us. It is for those who have dreams of raising a great family, for those who want to start the business of their dreams, for those who want to get the education they didn’t finish get when they were younger and for those want to make changes in their lives. It is for everyone and it may just one book away.
In our society (schools and workplaces), people are measured according to their potential (what they think a person can do based on present performance). It is an unfortunate categorization because the reality is that everyone has potential and cracking open a book may be the very thing that will open the door to new possibilities. We always have potential and there is always more room for improvement. Unlocking our potential may be just a book away.
Here are some quotes on reading for success:
(1) “Not all readers are leaders, but all leaders are readers.” Harry Truman
(2) “Books allow you to fully explore a topic and immerse yourself in a deeper way than most media today.” – Mark Zuckerberg
(3) “Show me a family of readers, and I will show you the people who move the world.” – Napol;eon Bonaparte
(4) “I cannot live without books.” Thomas Jefferson
(5) “Once you learn to read, you will be forever free.” Frederick Douglas
(6) “Reading is still the main way that I both learn new things and test my understanding.” – Bill Gates
(7) “My best friend is a person who will give me a book I have not read.” – Abraham LincolnJ
(8) “Drink deeply from good books.- John Wooden
(9) “Read 500 pages…every day. That’s how knowledge works. It builds up, like compound interest. All of you can do it, but I guarantee not many of you will do it.” – Warren buffet
(10) “By reading books, you lose your old self and you find your new self! To read is to travel from self to another self!”
(19) “Successful people have libraries. The rest have big screen TV’s.” Jim Rohn
(20) “If you only read the books that everyone else is reading, you can only think what everyone else is thinking.” Haruki Murakami
(21) “Books don’t change people; paragraphs do, sometimes even sentences.” John Piper
(22)“A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.” George R.R. Martin
(23) “Books, like friends should be few and well chosen.” Samuel Johnson
(24) “The books we read answer questions we didn’t even know existed.” Axel Marazzi
(25)“If you want to improve yourself, read a book.” J. Millard Simpson
Did you enjoy this ;post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share
Diana Lynne’s passions are family, travel, self-improvement, pursuing a debt-free/financially free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and being with her dog Skye. Diana is a Quebec City girl. who loves living life. You can connect with her through Livingandstuff.ca