Category : Uncategorized
“Trust is the glue of life” as Stephen Covey says in his book ” The Speed of Trust. No relationship, personal or professional can hold any water without it and no effective and authentic communication can take place in the absence of trust. Without trust, we live in fear and will seek only to protect ourselves. Trust is the foundation of all economic and social activity. We don’t have to look very far to see what happens when the bonds of trust break down.
But the good news is we have the power, the information and the ability to foster an environment of trust because trust begins with us. When we show or trust in others, people often (though not always) want to show themselves as trustworthy. Trust breaks down when one side chooses not to trust, but it is built up when trust is encouraged and given. Yes, it is true that trust has to be earned. We can not give our trust away blindly. But we can encourage people to be trustworthy by showing them that we believe in them and in their desire to do good. Trust is a two-way street that should be walked on very carefully and wisely.
Here are some quotes on the subject of trust:
(7) “It takes 20 years to build a reputation and five minutes to ruin it.” –Warren Buffett
(8) People follow leaders by choice. Without trust, at best you get compliance.” –Jesse Lyn Stoner, author of Full Steam Ahead
(9) “Wise men put their trust in ideas and not in circumstances.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
(10) “Learning to trust is one of life’s most difficult tasks.” –Isaac Watts
(11) “We need people in our lives with whom we can be as open as possible. To have real conversations with people may seem like such a simple, obvious suggestion, but it involves courage and risk.” –Thomas Moore
(12) “Trust is like blood pressure. It’s silent, vital to good health, and if abused it can be deadly.” –Frank Sonnenberg, author of Follow Your Conscience
(13) “The people when rightly and fully trusted will return the trust.” –Abraham Lincoln
(14) “Trust, but verify.” –Ronald Reagan
(15) “He who does not trust enough will not be trusted.” –Lao Tzu
(16) “Leadership requires five ingredients–brains, energy, determination, trust, and ethics. The key challenges today are in terms of the last two–trust and ethics.” –Fred Hilmer
(17) “When the trust account is high, communication is easy, instant, and effective.” —Stephen R. Covey
(18) “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” –Albert Einstein
(19) “When mistrust comes in, loves goes out.” –Irish proverb
(20) “I don’t trust anyone who doesn’t laugh”. Maya Angelou
(21) “Trustful people are pure at heart, as they are moved by the zeal of their own trustworthiness”. – Criss Jami
(22) “Earn trust, earn trust, earn trust. Then you can worry about the rest”. – Seth Godin
(23) “I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together”. – Marilyn Monroe
(24) “You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not fool all of the people all of the time”. – Abraham Lincoln
(25) “It is better to suffer wrong than to do it, and happier to be sometimes cheated than not to trust”. Samuel Johnson
Did you enjoy this post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share.
Diane Lynne enjoys travel, self-improvement, pursuing a debt-free/financially free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and being with her dog Skye. Diana is a Quebec City girl. who loves living life. You can connect with her at livingandstuff.ca