Category : Uncategorized
Life is really very simple, but people make it seem complicated. What do we need, really? We need air to breathe, water to drink, food to eat, clothes to wear, a warm place to sleep and shelter, people to love and a reason to live. These are what we need. What we want and what we like is a whole different story. We tend to spend our lives trying to get what we want, as much as we want, and as often as we want. We live in this crazy mix of trying to satisfy our wants and deal with the desires and emotions of others at the same time. Wouldn’t it be nice to slice through the chaos and simplify?
Here are some simplicity quotes to reflect on:
(1) “Making the simple complicated is commonplace; making the complicated simple, awesomely simple, that’s creativity.”– Charles Mingus
(2) “The simple act of paying positive attention to people has a great deal to do with productivity”. – Tom Peters
(3) “Keep it simple and focus on what matters. Don’t let yourself be overwhelmed”. – Confucius
(4) “Simple and to the point is always the best way to get your point across”.
(5) “Keep it simple, when you get too complex you forget the obvious”.
(6) “You have succeeded in life when all you really want is only what you really need.” —Vernon Howard
(7) “It is a preoccupation with possession, more than anything else, that prevents men from living freely and nobly.” —Bertrand Russell
(8) “The secret of happiness, you see, is not found in seeking more, but in developing the capacity to enjoy less.” —Socrates
(9) “Simplicity is making a journey of this life with just baggage enough.” —Charles Dudley Warner
(10) “In order to seek one’s own direction, one must simplify the mechanics of ordinary, everyday life.” —Plato
(11) “With wisdom comes the desire for simplicity.” – Brendon Burchard
(12) “That’s been one of my mantras – focus and simplicity. Simple can be harder than complex. You have to work hard to get your thinking clean to make it simple. But it’s worth it in the end because once you get there, you can move mountains.” – Steve Jobs
(13) “Our joy comes from living our own lives simply – never from demanding that others live simply or from ever making any demands whatsoever upon others.” Jonathan Lockwood Huie“
(14) “Simplicity is not about deprivation. Simplicity is about a greater appreciation for things that really matter.” – Anonymous
(15) “All the great things are simple, and many can be expressed in a single word: freedom, justice, honor, duty, mercy, hope.” – Winston Churchhill
(16) “Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not simpler.” – Albert Einstein
(17) “Beware the barrenness of a busy life.” – Socrates
(18) “Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful.” – William Morris
(19) “Success is simple. Do what’s right, the right way, at the right time.” – Arnold H. Glasgow
(20) “Voluntary simplicity means going fewer places in one day rather than more, seeing less so I can see more, doing less so I can do more, acquiring less so I can have more.” – John Kabat-Zinn
(21) “A little simplification would be the first step toward rational living, I think.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
(22) “Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look back and realize they were the big things.” — Robert Brault
(23) “I am beginning to learn that it is the sweet, simple things in life which are the real ones after all. “ — Laura Ingalls Wilder
(24) “Don’t make the process harder than it is.“ — Jack Welch
(25) “Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius—and a lot of courage—to move in the opposite direction.” — E. F. Schumacker
Did you enjoy this post? Please leave a comment below.
Click and share
Diana Lynne loves travel, self-improvement, living a debt free life. She also loves hanging out with family, friends and her dog Skye. You can connect with her through livingandstuff.ca